Supplied new to Anderton & Rowland, the well-known West County Showmen, on 13th May 1921 at a cost of £3,500. The engine was named 'Earl Beatty' by the firms manager, Mr George De Vey Snr. The engine was steamed from the works in Thetford to Burton on Trent and used to test the firms new Scenic Railway which had just been completed by Orton & Spooner.
The engine went on to spend its working life in Devon & Cornwall, with the exception of a trip to the works of Fowlers in Leeds for an overhaul.
The whole Anderton & Rowland fleet was sold off in the 1940s being replaced by modern diesel lorries. The engine currently resides in Dorset in the ownership of Robert Coles.